Motherhood can really change things in your life…. it might even make you a little crazy!
Seriously? I feel like some days I am losing my mind. Today I about left in my pajama shirt. Literally had shoes on and ready to go then realized I hadn’t changed my shirt.
Not long after I had my son, I was on the way to work and realized I had forgotten to put on a bra. I had to turn around and go back home.
It’s like those dreams where you go to school without shoes. But this is no dream. This is Motherhood!!!
We get so busy taking care of everyone else that we forget about ourselves. I know what you’re thinking… you don’t have time to put aside for yourself. Find some! Hire a babysitter, schedule a block of time with your husband so he can care for the kids, or ask family members to help. If your kids are old enough, have them quietly do something in their rooms while you do something for yourself. For us to be at our best, we need these little bits of time to spring back into full force.
So, what can we do about it?
Here are a few things you can do to rejuvenate yourself:
1. Get outdoors for a little bit. Garden, sunbathe, or just sit outside in the quiet.
2. Pamper yourself- Go to a spa or have a spa at home. Mani, Pedi, Facial
3. Sleep in or take a nap- Get in some sleep that you missed out on this week
4. Have a bubble bath- Light some candles and turn the lights off
5. Go out on a date or have a girl’s night
6. Take a social media break
7. Watch a movie that you’ve been wanting to see
8. Read a positive book
9. Take a hobby class like photography, calligraphy, cake decorating, dance.
10. Make sure you are getting proper nutrients and water daily.