This is a list of 30 Fun Activties for the Whole Family to enjoy.
The weather has FINALLY been consistently nice here in Indiana. My son and I made our first visit to the zoo for the year. We go a lot while the kids are in school and it isn’t as crowded. We also have a Touch-A-Truck event coming up that we’re all super excited to attend. That got me thinking about planning some other fun activities for this Spring/Summer.
If you are lucky like us here in Indianapolis, we have a great website called Indy with Kids. It has all kinds of cool stuff going on around here that we can do as a family. It started out as just a small blog and has grown into multiple writers and a huge following. Definitely look to see if you have something like this for your area.
I have put together a list of some ideas. Make sure to comment and add any that you have come up with.
- Break out the board games.
- Go to a zoo. Try one you haven’t been to before.
- Get another family or several families to play a sport or have a fun competition. Kickball anyone?
- Attend the local fairs. Find a small town fair… usually their prices are a little cheaper than the big city fairs.
- Have a picnic.
- Attend a concert. Our local winery and mall has free concerts and kids can still attend.
- Do a fun run. Look for the color runs. Kids love them. Most allow you to bring a wagon for the kids.
- Have a bonfire- cook hotdogs and smores.
- Have a cookout.
- Make ice cream sundaes at home or try some new places around town.
- Have a “Make your own pizza” night. Cut canned pizza dough in individual portions or use Naan (found in bakery section).
- Go to a farmer’s market.
- Take a spontaneous trip out of town.
- Camp in the backyard.
- Plan a themed party with decorations and food. Everyone dresses up to attend. (Western, Luau, Fiesta, Pajama, Jungle)
- Go to a drive-in theater.
- Do a scavenger hunt. Can be around the house, through the neighborhood, in a store.
- Go for a swim.
- Take lots of pictures for a scrapbook.
- Go camping.
- Have a slumber party in the living room. Don’t forget the movie, popcorn, and sleeping bags!!
- Make a fort. The big parachutes you can buy are great for making a fort. Blankets and sheets work too.
- Go for a hike.
- Have a water gun fight. Even the little kids can get in on this one and have a blast.
- Go to an amusement park.
- Go horseback riding.
- Fly kites.
- Take family pictures outdoors.
- Find local events like Touch-A-Truck, themed train rides, Chick-fil-a event nights, etc.
- Go for a bike ride.