Delicious, healthy, from-scratch muffins that are easy to grab for breakfast or a snack throughout the day.
One of my favorite things to make for my kids is muffins. They love eating them, they can be eaten any time of day, and they are so versatile. This recipe especially.
These are similar to banana bread, so if you like that, you’ll love these.
Before you start making anything you will need to soften a stick of butter. You could use an unsoftened stick of butter but you will have a lumpy batter and that’s not as good.
Once your butter is soft, mix the butter, and sugar until smooth. Add in the eggs and bananas and mix until well combined. Slowly add the remaining ingredients except for the strawberries. Mix until everything is just combined. Then fold the strawberries into the batter.
Add batter into a greased muffin tin – I like my silicone one that I got here
Let those sit while you make the topping.
Melt the butter and then add all the remaining ingredients and stir.
Sprinkle the streusel on top.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
While in my opinion these are best fresh, you can make these ahead and then freeze them. They would need to thaw for about 45 minutes once taken out of the freezer and then you can warm in the microwave if you’d like for about 10 seconds.
I have tried these with other fruits rather than strawberries – raspberries, blueberries and just plain banana. While strawberry is my personal favorite, play around with other fruits and see if there is a combo you like best and let us know in the comments!
Strawberry Banana Muffins
Delicious and healthy muffin recipe
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric or stand mixer with a paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar until mixed well.
3. Add bananas to the mix and mix until just combined.
4. Add eggs and mix one at a time, until combined.
5. Slowly add in all the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and salt. Do not overmix! Once it is just combined, add the strawberries and mix them in with a spatula.
6. Scoop muffin batter into the prepared pans, until 3/4 of the way full. Set aside.
7. Make streusel: In a small microwave-safe mug or bowl, melt the butter. Add in the remaining ingredients – oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar. Stir.
8. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the streusel topping.
9. Place muffin pans in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
10. Let muffins cool for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!